Autofrigo is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals’ personal information by complying with the Australian National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy describes how Autofrigo (“we”, “our” or “us”) handle personal information of customers who dealing with us or visitors to our websites.
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual, who’s information managed by us and the way we collect, use and disclose those personal information.
1. Type Of Personal Information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. Generally the following kinds of information would be collected:
• contact and identification information, including your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth; and
• information that we obtain about you in the course of your dealings with us, including information relating to products or services ordered by you, your purchasing history, any product related queries you submit to us, product returns and warranty claims.
In some circumstances we may collect and hold other types of personal information relating to you.
2. Collection Of Personal Information
We only collect personal information about you that is necessary for the purpose of conducting our business. We collect the information that you provide in your communications with us directly, such as in person, on the telephone, by email or where you submit information online. We do not collect or hold sensitive information (as defined in the Privacy Act) about you without your consent, or use or store government identifiers in relation to your personal information. Where lawful and practical, you can transact with us anonymously. However, if you do not provide us with the information we request we may be prevented from delivering our products and services, from communicating with you and/or from improving our product and service offering.
There may be occasions that we collect your personal information from other sources, such as:
• an information services provider;
• publicly maintained records;
• a party you provide as a trade reference; or
• your employer, where necessary for us to supply our products or services to your employer.
We generally only collect your personal information from third parties if it is impracticable to collect that information from you directly.
3. Use Of Personal Information
The personal information that you provide may be used by us in various ways for business purposes relevant to our relationship with you. This may include but is not limited to:
• answering your enquiries;
• fulfilling your orders for our products or services and therefore facilitate the production, sale and distribution of our products and services;
• fulfilling accounting, billing and other internal administrative purpose;
• identifying other products and services that you might purchase;
• helping us improve our product and services offering;
• supporting marketing activities of our products and services;
• fulfilling our legal obligations under any applicable laws; and
• fulfilling any other purpose permitted or referred to under any terms and conditions you enter into or otherwise agree to with respect to the use of our website and our products and services.
We may use your personal information for other purposes where you have consented to the use of your information for those purposes or the use is otherwise authorised by law.
4. Use Of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information in confidence to related bodies corporate, subcontractors and service providers in the course of conducting our business. We may also disclose your personal information in confidence to third parties when undertaking joint promotions. In these cases, we require the subcontractor, service provider or third party to hold and use the personal information strictly in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Your personal information may be disclosed to potential buyers of Autofrigo, our assets or businesses under an undertaking of secrecy as part of a bid or sale process. In accordance with the Privacy Act, we may use or disclose your personal information if we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure:
is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or safety;
• is necessary to investigate or remedy suspected unlawful activity or in reporting concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
• is necessary to assist us in providing our products and services to you and other customers, including third party manufacturers or suppliers, customer support, postal and delivery service providers;
• is required or authorised by or under law; or is in preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
5. Overseas Disclosure
We are not likely to disclose any personal information to overseas recipients. However, where it is necessary to make any overseas disclosures in order to provide our products and services (for example, for administrative or other business management purposes), we will take reasonable steps in light of the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient complies with the Australian Privacy Principles or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme (unless you consent to the overseas disclosure or it is otherwise required or permitted by law).
6. Direct Marketing
In some cases, we may disclose your personal information to a third party with whom we have a commercial relationship or arrangement so that the third party may contact you for promotional purposes. The third party may provide you with information about certain products, services or other offers.
In the event that you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting us or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a communication from a third party.
If you unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving the communications described above, your personal information and data will not be provided to any third parties for marketing or other purposes from the time you unsubscribed or opted-out.
7. Security And Confidentiality
We implement various security measures that aim to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information, preventing of misuse, interference and loss from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secured databases on secured premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
We may appoint contractors to assist us in storing personal information, such as offsite storage providers or IT service providers.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where we no longer require it, unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
8. Access And Correction Of Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act, you have right to request access and/or seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by us. If at any time you would like to request access to or the correction of the personal information, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us: email@example.com . We will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate. To obtain access to your personal information:
• you will have to provide proof of identity.
• you must be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
• we may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which fee reflects and will not exceed the cost to us for providing access to the information in accordance
with your request.
We will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from the date of your request.
We will take steps reasonable in the circumstance to endeavour to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and our needs. However, we may refuse your request to access or correct your personal information. Should we refuse your request, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
9. Notification Of Changes To This Policy